Immaculata pours in seven goals during shutout win; Lansing gets huge league win

If Mother Nature is getting into the business of foreshadowing, she got a good start Monday at the Immaculata soccer match.
The Raiders hosted Cair Paravel and after posting a 2-0 goal lead in the first half, an otherwise beautiful Monday afternoon appropriately began to shower from above.
While rain drops fell like drips from a drain, Immaculata began its own outpouring as it poked in goal after goal in the second half.
By the time the rain stopped, the game had ended and the Raiders stood triumphantly tall with a 7-0 victory.
“We have everyone almost back so for the first time in awhile, we played our most competitive, experienced and talented lineup,” Imac coach Frank Mazeitis said. “Having everyone back not only improves the lineup, but allows me to play more people because the depth is much better.”
The Raiders depth and talent shown bright on Monday. Immaculata received hat tricks from Nick Reckers and Mark Hernandez, who tallied the first two Imac goals in the opening half. Jaxon Qualley capped off the offensive surge with a long distance strike right before the game’s completion.
The victory pulled Imac to 3-5-1 on the year and was a nice change to the taste of defeat the team suffered through Saturday. Over the weekend, the Raiders lost 2-0 to Washington where they were outshot 32-5.
“They were a good first-touch team,” Mazeitis said. “We had a missed penalty kick in the first half that went off the cross bar, and that is how the game sort of went.”
The Raiders will be back on the field today at 4:30 p.m. when it goes to  Maur Hill-Mount.

Lions get huge Kaw Valley win
Monday presented a tough task for the Lansing boys’ soccer team.
The Lions needed to win at Tonganoxie, who was 9-1-1, if it wanted any shot at claiming a piece of the Kaw Valley League crown.
Thus, a seemingly must-win challenge had been created.
Facing the tall order head on, Lansing overcame an early disadvantage to win 3-1 and keep its league title hopes alive.
“I liked that we maintained our composure and kept playing,” Lansing coach Randy Brown said. “The guys played great. We were passing, making plays. We needed a game like this.”
Tonganoxie struck in the ninth minute of the game to put the Lions down 1-0.
Yet, Lansing never wavered and by the 22nd minute, Mason Ruff headed in the equalizer from a Ryan Dillon cross. Seven minutes later, Ruff was fouled in the penalty box and nailed the free kick giving the visitors a 2-1 lead at half.
In the second period, Chase Hoffman volleyed home the ever-important third tally from a Joe Henry assist to ice the match.
Lansing, 6-4-1, will play at Marantha today at 4:30 p.m.