|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • High CO levels found in home

  • Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide Tuesday night at a residence in west Leavenworth, a Fire Department official said.
    • email print
  • Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide Tuesday night at a residence in west Leavenworth, a Fire Department official said.
    The incident was reported at 7:44 p.m. Tuesday at 1007 Tamarisk St.
    Acting Fire Chief Mark Nietzke said occupants in the home had been alerted by a CO detector alarm.
    Nietzke said he doesn’t know how high the CO levels reached in the home. Once firefighters had readings of 35 parts per million, they backed out of the residence.
    Kansas Gas Service also was asked to respond to the residence.
    Nietzke said it was determined the CO levels were the result of a venting problem.
      • calendar