Rose White is the director of The Leavenworth Assistance Center at 426 Miami St. in downtown Leavenworth.
1. With the Christmas season in full swing, what sort of items is the Leavenworth Assitance Center looking for to help supply customers with everything they might need during this holiday season?
The assistance center needs food and new socks, underwear, hats and gloves primarily.
2. What sort of things are in very short supply that the Center is particularly interested in collecting from the public?
Anything you would use, we can use. Small sizes to medium sizes socks and underwear and any food items.
3. The Center provides a wide array of items for those in the community who are in need of help, including furniture, kitchen items, toys, food and clothing. What are some of the "hidden treasures" that the public might not be aware are offered?
Toys for Tots, U.S. Marines Christmas Toys for Tots and new toys.
4. How can local residents best help the Assistance Center — by donating articles, volunteering their time to help out at the Center, or both?
We need and would love to have more volunteers.
5. What are the best things the Assistance Center does to help those who need a helping hand in our community?
We have helped more than 300 families in a week with food at $65 per family. We also help families with Toys for Tots.
— Rimsie McConiga