Leavenworth authorities are no longer searching for a suspect from this week's stabbing.
Leavenworth authorities are no longer searching for a suspect from this week's stabbing. But they will be forwarding information about the incident to the prosecutor's office for review, a police spokesman said.
"We are no long actively looking for him," Leavenworth Deputy Police
Chief Dan Nicodemus said of a person who had been identified as a suspect.
But if police make contact with the man, they obviously would be glad to speak with him, Nicodemus said.
The stabbing was reported Wednesday morning after the victim, a 36-year-old Leavenworth man, went to the hospital. He told police he was stabbed during an altercation with another man that morning in the 700 block of Pottawatomie Street.
Nicodemus said he did not know Friday if the victim was still in the hospital. His injuries initially were considered life-threatening but his condition improved.
Nicodemus previously said police had wished to speak with the man identified as the suspect to get his version of what happened. But the deputy chief said investigators will be forwarding the case to the Leavenworth County Attorney's Office based on information provided by the victim.