|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • Fire in Lansing

  • Firefighters responded to a request to check a fire place Wednesday afternoon in Lansing and discovered a house fire, a fire department official said.
    • email print
  • Firefighters responded to a request to check a fire place Wednesday afternoon in Lansing and discovered a house fire, a fire department official said.
    The fire was reported around 4 p.m. Wednesday at 23939 139th St. Rick Huhn, chief of Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1, said the fire didn’t cause much damage and no injuries were reported.
    Huhn said firefighters responded to the residence in non-emergency status because they were told the occupant wanted them to check the fire place and the fire was out.
    When firefighters arrived, smoke was “rolling out of the basement,” Huhn said.
    He said it appears a pipe for the chimney didn’t have enough clearance from wood that was part of the structure and the wood caught on fire. He estimated the fire caused $3,000 in damage.
      • calendar