A fire that destroyed a farm shed in rural is believed to have started when a pig knocked over a heat lamp, a fire department official said.
One pig was found dead in what was described as a shed for pigs. Other pigs apparently made it safely out of the structure, according to Rick Huhn, chief of Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1.
The fire was reported shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday at 25192 187th St.
Huhn said the tin shed already was fully engulfed when residents first saw the blaze. Firefighters extinguished the flames.