A man who was the apparent victim of a battery turned up a Leavenworth hospital Monday morning but refused to cooperate with authorities, a police spokesman said.
Maj. Dan Nicodemus, deputy chief of the Leavenworth Police Department, said authorities don't know much about what happened to the 39-year-old Leavenworth man. Police aren't even sure where the battery took place or how many people were involved.
Nicodemus said police spoke with the man at Saint John Hospital. The man had suffered a head injury, a broken hand and broken ribs and a fractured cheekbone. Police believe the man had been struck with a handgun during the incident but he was not shot with weapon.
Nicodemus said the man's injuries are not considered life threatening.
An offense report was prepared using the information police had.
"That's all we can do for now until we receive some more information," Nicodemus said.