Strength in numbers for Lansing girls' soccer
- Lady Lions return 17 letter-winners from last year for 2013 team
Team: Lansing girls' soccer
Last year's record: 7-8-2
Coach: Billy Dillon
Coach's record: first year as head coach
* senior Ashley Wilcox, midfielder
* senior Tiffany Anderson, midfielder
* junior Jenna Hinckley, midfielder
* junior Shelby Potter, defender/midfielder
* junior Courtney Callahan, forward
Newcomers to watch:
* senior Kelsie Pitsenbarger, goalkeeper
Team Outlook: STRENGTHS — With 18 returning letter-winners from last year's team, the Lady Lions will hold as much or more experience as nearly everyone they face this season.
WEAKNESSES — Defensively, the team will be grooming a new goalkeeper into the lineup, which always includes a period of transition for both the back-line and keeper. Communication will be paramount.
Big games: Versus Leavenworth on March 26; At KC Christian on March 28; At Tonganoxie on March 29
Coach says: "I am looking forward to the season. We have a great group of young ladies that are working hard and are eager to hit the pitch."