Lansing boys shine in track events, but the Mill Valley boys' and girls' teams each placed first overall.
Area athletes competed Tuesday in the Lansing Invitational. The Mill Valley boys' and girls' teams won the invitational. Lansing boys finished fourth overall; the Lansing girls, fifth. Some individual and team highlights:
Lansing boys highlights
- The Lansing boys excelled in the sprinting events, winning the 4x100 Relay and placing second in the 4x400 Relay.
- 100 meter dash: JT Hager won with a time of 11.25 seconds.
- High jump: Darius Mathis tied for first by clearing the 10 foot bar.
- Triple jump: Mathis and Cole Portenier finished first and second, respectively.
- Javelin: Colin McQuillan finished second.
Other local school boys highlights
- Pleasant Ridge placed sixth overall. Imac finished ninth.
- 400 meter: Imac's Danny Boisson took fourth with a time of 54:36.
- 3200 meter: PR's Tony Weber won with a time of 10:39.
- Long jump: PR's Matt Smith won with a jump of 19 feet, 2.5 inches.
- 4x800 meter relay: Lansing finished second.
- 300 meter hurdles: PR's Nicole Holden and Syvannah Williams finished second and fourth, respectively.
- Triple jump: Lansing's Lindsay Davis won.
- Shot put: Lansing's Kija Cammock and Dana Harvey finished second and third, respectively. The two also placed in discus.