Area athletes competed Tuesday in the Lansing Invitational. The Mill Valley boys' and girls' teams won the invitational. Lansing boys finished fourth overall; the Lansing girls, fifth. Some individual and team highlights:
Lansing boys highlights
- The Lansing boys excelled in the sprinting events, winning the 4x100 Relay and placing second in the 4x400 Relay.
- 100 meter dash: JT Hager won with a time of 11.25 seconds.
- High jump: Darius Mathis tied for first by clearing the 10 foot bar.
- Triple jump: Mathis and Cole Portenier finished first and second, respectively.
- Javelin: Colin McQuillan finished second.
Other local school boys highlights
- Pleasant Ridge placed sixth overall. Imac finished ninth.
- 400 meter: Imac's Danny Boisson took fourth with a time of 54:36.
- 3200 meter: PR's Tony Weber won with a time of 10:39.
- Long jump: PR's Matt Smith won with a jump of 19 feet, 2.5 inches.
- 4x800 meter relay: Lansing finished second.
- 300 meter hurdles: PR's Nicole Holden and Syvannah Williams finished second and fourth, respectively.
- Triple jump: Lansing's Lindsay Davis won.
- Shot put: Lansing's Kija Cammock and Dana Harvey finished second and third, respectively. The two also placed in discus.