|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • Firefighters battle blaze

  • Leavenworth firefighters were battling a blaze this morning at 625 Pawnee St.
    • email print
  • Leavenworth firefighters were battling a blaze this morning at 625 Pawnee St.
    There were no report of injuries. Firefighters were called to the scene between 8 and 8:30 a.m. today, according to Acting Fire Chief Mark Nietzke.
    Nietzke said the fire had caused the roof of the home to collapse.
    This was the second time today firefighters had been called to the that residence. They were there around 1 a.m. for a fire Nietzke said was very minor compared to the later blaze.
    He said the earlier fire had been caused by an electrical issue in the attic. Westar Energy turned off power to the home after the initial fire.
    The local Red Cross had provided temporary lodging for the residents after the first fire, according to Mark DeMaranville, a health inspector and safety officer with the department.
      • calendar