Professional, collegiate and high school track stars, including participates from the University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth and Lansing, tested themselves against the best of the best. Pleasant Ridge competes at Eudora.
All weekend area athletes descended upon Lawrence for the annual KU relays.
Professional, collegiate and high school track stars, including participates from the University of Saint Mary, Leavenworth and Lansing, tested themselves against the best of the best.
Below is a list of highlights for each local school that competed:
* Aaron Potter; 16th in the men's 800
* Cameron Avilez; 26th in the men's 10,000
* Amy Jystad; 26th in the women's 5,00
USM will compete in the Baker University Invite Thursday.
* John Warren; seventh in the boys' 300, sixth in the boys' 110 hurdles, eighth in the boys' long jump
* Jared Belardo; seventh in the boys' long jump
* Madison Schoen; 10th in the girls' 2,000 meter steeplechase
* Rachel Blackburn; 15th in the girls' javelin
* Da'Quan Blake; 18th in the boys' shot put
* De'Vante Butler, Josh Williamson, Jordan Boyce and Belardo; 10th in the boys' 1,600 sprint medley
* Rebekah Covington, Daysha Thomas, Rashayla Mathis and Gabby Oree; ninth in the girls' 4x200 relay
The Pioneers will participate in the Topeka Seaman Relays Friday.
* Malika Baker, Nashia Baker, JoLee Ritchhard and Lindsay Davis; third in the girls' 4x400 sunflower relay
* Jimmy Bormolini, Taner Sass, JT Hager and Kyle Saunders; fourth in the girls' 4x400 sunflower relay
* Nashia Baker; 10th in the girls' 800
* Malika Baker; 17th in the girls' 800
* Savannah Baker; 15th in the girls' triple jump
The Lions will be at DeSoto Friday.
Pleasant Ridge runs at Eudora
Two Rams stood out for the Pleasant Ridge track team Friday at Eudora.
Tony Weber and Oleta McCaully each earned gold in their respective events, the boys' 3,200 meter race and the girls' javelin, to lead PR at the Cardinal Relays.
“Oleta has been working really hard and it was nice to have her clicking on all cylinders,” Ridge coach Glenda Connelly said. “Tony continues to improve every week in the 3,200, he really wanted to run under 10:25, so he was happy to reach that goal.”
Other top results for the PR squad included Blake Graham (long jump) and Weber (1,600) snatching silver medals while Kyle Lansing earned fourth in the high and triple jump. Weber also earned fifth in the 800.
Nicole Holden won second in the 100 meters, bronze medals went to Syvannah Williams (300 hurdles) and Grace McKinney (800) and Bailey Swinford recorded a fourth place finish in the triple jump.
Kaitlyn DeMaranville, McKinney, Williams and Holden secured gold in the 4x100 relay.
Pleasant Ridge will compete at Hiawatha Thursday.