|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • Kitchen fire results in no injuries

  • A kitchen fire over the weekend at a Leavenworth apartment resulted in an estimated $12,000 loss, according to a Fire Department official.
    • email print
      Comment
  • A kitchen fire over the weekend at a Leavenworth apartment resulted in an estimated $12,000 loss, according to a Fire Department official.
    The fire was reported at 12:13 a.m. Saturday at 532 Santa Fe St.
    "No injuries were reported," said Mark DeMaranville, health inspector and safety officer for the Leavenworth Fire Department.
    DeMaranville said the fire apparently started when an occupant left something unattended on the stove for a short time.
    The fire was contained to the stove area, but there was smoke throughout the apartment.

        calendar