No injuries were reported after a kitchen fire at a Leavenworth apartment, a Fire Department spokesman said.
The fire was reported at 8:14 p.m. Tuesday at 601 S. Seventh St. The occupant of the apartment reported to firefighters that he'd been cooking something on the stove when he stepped outside to talk to friends. When he returned, he saw flames, according to Capt. Shawn Kell with the Leavenworth Fire Department.
Kell said it appeared the fire had lost some of its intensity before firefighters entered the residence. They extinguished what little fire remained.
The fire was estimated to have caused $11,000 in damage.