For the second straight summer, several area track athletes will represent Leavenworth and Lansing at this year's 2013 AAU Junior Olympics National Championship.
In just under one month, the youths will head to Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Mich., for the national competition, which will last from July 26 to Aug. 3.
The group earned the spots thanks to their performances last week at an AAU national qualifier in Joplin, Mo.
The qualifiers include:
* Isaac Udo Ativie; eight-and-under regional champ in the 400 meters; second in the 200 meters; third in the 100 meters
* Mark Mitchell; 10-and-under regional champ in the long jump, 100 meters and 200 meters
* Martayah Mitchell; fifth place in the 11-and-under 800 meters race and sixth in the long jump
* Joseph Ativie; fifth place in the shot put for the 15-16 age division
* Terry Robinson; 11-and-under regional champ in the 800 meters; second in the 1,500 and third in the 3,000
* Cole Sample, 11-and-under regional champ in the shot put and second in the discus
* Victoria Robinson; the 14-year-old was second in the 800, 1,500 and 3,000 meter races
* Clifford Robinson III; the 14-year-old was a regional champ in the long jump and second in the 100 and 200 meters
Only the top five in each division were eligible for the national championship. For more information, visit www.aauathletics.org.