A fire this morning at a Lansing residence may have been caused by children playing with combustible materials, a fire department official said.

A fire this morning at a Lansing residence may have been caused by children playing with combustible materials, a fire department official said.

That's the preliminary finding. But Rick Huhn, chief of Leavenworth Fire District No. 1, said the fire is still under investigation.

The fire was reported at 1:43 a.m. today at 318 Fawn Valley Court. No injuries were reported.

"Everybody was out of the house (when firefighters arrived)," Huhn said.

He said a smoke detector had alerted people in the house.

The fire apparently started in a potted plant located in the dining room area. Huhn said the fire spread to curtains and a window frame.

"It was confined to the window frame," he said.

He said firefighters had the fire under control within about 10 minutes.

Huhn estimated the loss at $10,000.