|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • Fire may have been caused by children

  • A fire this morning at a Lansing residence may have been caused by children playing with combustible materials, a fire department official said.
    • email print
  • A fire this morning at a Lansing residence may have been caused by children playing with combustible materials, a fire department official said.
    That's the preliminary finding. But Rick Huhn, chief of Leavenworth Fire District No. 1, said the fire is still under investigation.
    The fire was reported at 1:43 a.m. today at 318 Fawn Valley Court. No injuries were reported.
    "Everybody was out of the house (when firefighters arrived)," Huhn said.
    He said a smoke detector had alerted people in the house.
    The fire apparently started in a potted plant located in the dining room area. Huhn said the fire spread to curtains and a window frame.
    "It was confined to the window frame," he said.
    He said firefighters had the fire under control within about 10 minutes.
    Huhn estimated the loss at $10,000.
      • calendar