Evie Porter is the new principal of Xavier Catholic School.
1. What made you want to apply for the position of principal at Xavier Catholic School?
Applying for the Xavier principalship felt like I was coming home. I student taught at Xavier in 1983 and was asked to teach from 1984-1985. So I did. It was a great experience and one I treasure.
2. How long have you been in education and where else have your worked?
I have taught for 16 years. I taught for five years, met my husband, stayed home to raise our four kids and was asked to come back and teach in 2001. I taught at Xavier for one year, Holy Trinity in Lenexa for four years, St. Paul in Olathe for 10 years and one year at Ascension in Overland Park.
3. What philosophy has guided you during your career? The one principle that has guided me through my teaching career has been to say and do what was best for students. I feel the same way regarding my principalship at Xavier Catholic School.
4. What are you looking forward to the most about the new job? I have already met so many people and am really looking forward to getting to know my staff and school families! With the help of the Holy Spirit, I believe our school will accomplish great things!
5. What would you like Xavier students and their parents to know about their new principal?
I would like our Xavier students and parents to know that I will do my very best, as your principal!