|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • Firefighters respond to Post Office

  • Firefighters responded to the Post Office building in downtown Leavenworth Friday morning for what turned out to be an overheated motor, officials said.
    • email print
  • Firefighters responded to the Post Office building in downtown Leavenworth Friday morning for what turned out to be an overheated motor, officials said.
    No injuries were reported. Firefighters were called to the building, located at 330 Shawnee St., around 8:45 a.m. Friday.
    Mark DeMaranville, spokesman for the Leavenworth Fire Department, said the overheated motor was from an air handling unit and located on the second floor of the building.
    Fire Capt. Shawn Kell said the overheated motor melted a container of lubricant oil.
    DeMaranville said this resulted in a light haze in the building. Firefighters ventilated the building.
    Kell said there had been earlier reports of electrical problems in the downtown area, and firefighters had an earlier call to the Post Office building. He said an electrical problem may have caused the motor to overheat.
      • calendar