|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • Fire damages house in county

  • A house northwest of Leavenworth was damaged in a fire Monday afternoon, a fire department official said.
    • email print
  • A house northwest of Leavenworth was damaged in a fire Monday afternoon, a fire department official said.
    No injuries was reported. The fire is believed to have resulted from an electrical problem.
    The fire was reported at 1:08 p.m. Monday at 17856 Logan Road.
    Butch Bollin, chief of Kickapoo Township Fire Department, said he lives in the area, and the fire was reported to him by the resident who was returning home. Bollin said he called 911.
    At that point, he could see smoke coming from the eaves of the one-story house.
    Bollin said he and two other people who were the first firefighters on the scene "knocked down" the fire.
    He said they were able to limit most of the fire damage to the kitchen, but the smoke caused damage throughout the house. There also was damage to the roof over the living room area of the house. He said the fire had made it's way into the attic.
    No one had been home when the fire started. Bollin said the fire started in the area of a circuit breaker box.
    Firefighters from multiple agencies responded. In addition to members of the Kickapoo Township Fire Department, firefighters from Fort Leavenworth, the city of Leavenworth and Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 responded. And two people from the Leavenworth County Emergency Management Office also responded.
      • calendar