|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • House damaged by fire

  • No injuries were reported Sunday in a Leavenworth house fire that resulted in an estimated $110,000 in damage, a Fire Department spokesman said.
    • email print
  • No injuries were reported Sunday in a Leavenworth house fire that resulted in an estimated $110,000 in damage, a Fire Department spokesman said.
    The fire was reported at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at 3512 Remington Lane.
    Fire Capt. Walt Terron said firefighters could see smoke coming from windows when they arrived on scene. When they entered the residence, there was heavy fire in two areas, a living room and an upstairs bedroom. Firefighters extinguished the flames.
    Terron said the heat source that ignited the fire was determined to be a cigarette lighter, but he didn't have additional details about the investigation.
      • calendar