Great Clips is sponsoring a Thank a Veteran promotion and is offering free haircuts for veterans. Tammy Nienaber is the Great Clips director of communications.
1. How did the Great Clips Thank a Veteran promotion come about?
Our corporate team met with a group of our franchisees in late 2012 and early 2013 to talk about what we could do to recognize veterans on Veterans Day. Many companies have special offers for veterans on Veterans Day. We all agreed that it's probably hard to take advantage of all the offers in a single day. So, we decided to make the free haircut card redeemable by a veteran through Dec. 31. In addition to extending the offer beyond a single day, we wanted to give our customers an easy way to show their appreciation to veterans. Veterans Day greeting cards are hard to find, so we made our own.
2. How would someone who is interested in helping receive the free haircut card to give to a veteran?
- Customers come into any area Great Clips salon on Nov. 11 and, with the purchase of a service, receive a free haircut card to give to a veteran.
- Limit one card per customer/veteran.
- The free haircut cards are redeemable by veterans at any Great Clips here in our area or throughout the U.S. from Nov. 11 to Dec. 31, 2013, with proof of service.
- The promotion applies to veterans only.
3. Can veterans simply visit Great Clips on a specific day or days to receive a free haircut?
Veterans who visit a Great Clips salon here or anywhere in the U.S. on Nov. 11 receive either a free haircut that day or a free haircut card to redeem by Dec. 31.
After Nov. 11, veterans must have the free Thank-A-Veteran haircut card to get the free haircut.
4. Is timing the promotion on Nov. 11 a good way to remind people of the sacrifices our service men and women have made for the country?
While any day is a great day to recognize veterans, we feel the Nov. 11 promotion aligns well with our national celebration of U.S. veterans.
5. How does Great Clips believe is the best way to be involved and give back to their community?
Great Clips has always worked to strengthen the people and communities we serve.
And we're proud to contribute our time, talents and resources to a variety of great causes. We call it Great Deeds™, and it's a challenge to ourselves—a call to action for all our salons, partners and friends, to keep remembering what makes us great—the people and the communities where we live and work.
Page 2 of 2 - — Rimsie McConiga