|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • Deck fire blamed on smoking materials

  • The careless discarding of smoking materials is believed to be the cause of a deck fire early Sunday morning at a Leavenworth residence, a Fire Department spokesman said.
    • email print
  • The careless discarding of smoking materials is believed to be the cause of a deck fire early Sunday morning at a Leavenworth residence, a Fire Department spokesman said.
    The fire was reported at 1:06 a.m. at 913 Josela Court.
    Capt. Mark DeMaranville of the Leavenworth Fire Department said the property owner was able to extinguish the fire. No injuries were reported.
    The fire damaged the back deck and an exterior wall of the house. The loss was estimated at $6,000.

      • calendar