|
|
|
|
The Leavenworth Times - Leavenworth, KS
  • No injuries from electrical fire

  • No injuries were reported after firefighters extinguished an electrical fire Monday at a Leavenworth home, a Fire Department official said.
    • email print
  • No injuries were reported after firefighters extinguished an electrical fire Monday at a Leavenworth home, a Fire Department official said.
    The fire was reported at 9:07 p.m. at 760 Grace St.
    When firefighters arrived, smoke was coming from an electrical meter. Firefighters also could see a glow through a window next to the meter, Leavenworth Assistant Fire Chief Mike Lingenfelser said.
    Firefighters used an extinguisher to put out a fire at the breaker box inside the home. They also removed a small section of ceiling to check for an extension of the fire in the attic area.
    Lingenfelser said the fire was blamed on arching electrical equipment.
    The fire resulted in an estimated damage of $1,500.
      • calendar