Tuesday, Aug. 12
• 7 p.m. The Leavenworth City Commission hosts a regular meeting at Leavenworth City Hall, 100 N. Fifth St. An open hearing will take place on the 2015 proposed city budget. There is a public comments portion of the meeting.
• 7 p.m. Leavenworth Toastmasters Club 2301 hosts an open house at Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce St. The event is open to anyone. The club meets the second and fourth Tuesdays each month. Call Becky Lindsay at (402) 310-9416.
Wednesday, Aug. 13
1 p.m. After being closed for the morning for catalog upgrades, Lansing Community Library, 730 First Terrace, reopens for the day.
Thursday, Aug. 14
• 9 a.m. The Leavenworth County Commission meets at the Leavenworth County Courthouse, 300 Walnut St. The commission is slated to host a public hearing on the 2015 budget. The meeting is open to the public.
• 7 p.m. Robert Kornacki presents "Custer's Most Faithful: Commanche," a seminar on the horse that survived The Battle of the Little Bighorn, at Riverfront Community Center, 123 S. Esplanade St. The event is free and open to the public.
• 7 p.m. The Lansing City Council hosts a work session at Lansing City Hall, 800 First Terrace. The meeting is open to the public.
Friday, Aug. 15
• 7 p.m. The Stranger Creek Band plays at the Heritage Center, 109 Delaware St. Food will be offered starting at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $10 per person for the food bar. Call (913) 682-2122.
Saturday, Aug. 16
• 8:30 a.m. Livin Nutrition hosts the 5K and 1-Mile Family Fun Run, a fundraiser for Leavenworth Kids Connection, at Riverfront Community Center, 123 Esplanade. Register at www.enter2run.com or at Livin Nutrition, 505 Cherokee. Call Donna Lee at (913) 683-8252.
• 1:30 p.m. The Conservative Party of the USA meets in the Jahn Room at Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce St. Meeting is open to all party members or anyone interested in joining.
LV Times datebook: Monday, Aug. 11
Tuesday, Aug. 12