Tuesday, Aug. 19
• 10 a.m. The University of Saint Mary opens the new academic year with a Fall Matriculation Ceremony in Annunciation Chapel at the Leavenworth campus, 4100 S. Fourth St.
• 10 a.m.-6p.m. Saint Luke's Cushing Hospital, 711 Marshall St., hosts an on-site scrub sale in the conference room. Sale proceeds benefit hospital patients and employees.
• 7 p.m. The Leavenworth City Commission hosts a study session/regular meeting at Leavenworth City Hall, 100 N. Fifth St. The meeting is open to the public. The agenda is available at www.lvks.org.
Wednesday, Aug. 20
• 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Saint Luke's Cushing Hospital, 711 Marshall St., hosts an on-site scrub sale in the conference room. Sale proceeds benefit hospital patients and employees.
• 1 p.m. After being closed for the morning for catalog upgrades, Lansing Community Library, 730 First Terrace, reopens for the day.
• 6 p.m. The Leavenworth School Board hosts a regular meeting at the district office, 200 N. Fourth St. The meeting is open to the public. The agenda is available at www.usd453.org.
Thursday, Aug. 21
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. The American Red Cross conducts a blood drive at The Guidance Center, 500 Limit St. To make an appointment, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS
Friday, Aug. 22
• 6 and 7 p.m. The Heritage Center, 109 Delaware, hosts a fundraiser for 2-month-old Carson Asher's medical expenses. The Rock Quartet, Gospel Train and Ron Jaster perform. Donations are accepted for admission. Dinner takes place at 6 p.m. for $5 per person.
• 7 p.m. Christian Life Worship Center, 2601 S. Fourth St., hosts guest speaker Sister Iceola Gillom, a longtime Independent Baptist Church member, who serves various ministries. The event is free and open to the public.
Saturday, Aug. 23
• 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. The Better Investing Kansas City Chapter conducts a basic investing class in the Armed Forces Insurance conference room at Fort Leavenworth. Visit www.betterinvesting.org for more details, or contact Al Mueller at (913) 682-1440 or email email@example.com.
• 1-3 p.m. Twin Oaks Independent Living, 457 Eisenhower, hosts "Dog Days of Summer," a dog show. The event is open to the public. There will be free hot dogs, chips and drinks. Pet food donations will be accepted for the Leavenworth Animal Welfare Society. Call (913) 727-3400.
• 7 p.m. The Cody Choraliers present their 44th Annual Show, "Remember When," at Leavenworth High School's Performing Arts Center, 2012 10th Ave. Tickets cost $15 for adults and $8 for children 12 and younger. Visit www.codychoraliers.com or call (913) 651-7464.
Sunday, Aug. 24
• 3:30 p.m. First Baptist Church, 340 N. 13th St., hosts an installation service for Rev. Jerry Wells as the church's new pastor. A reception for Wells and his wife, Bonnie, follows in the East Fellowship Hall. The events are open to the public.
LV Times datebook: Monday, Aug. 18
Tuesday, Aug. 19