A man was taken to the hospital to be treated for burns after a truck caught on fire Thursday in Leavenworth, a Fire Department spokesman said.

A man was taken to the hospital to be treated for burns after a truck caught on fire Thursday in Leavenworth, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 3 p.m. at 749 Michigan St.

A man apparently was repairing the gas tank of a cargo truck when the fire ignited. The truck was parked in the driveway of a residence at the time, said Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department.

It is believed the fire was ignited by a spark from an electric tool.

Firefighters extinguished flames on the exterior of the truck. They then opened the truck and put out flames inside the vehicle.

DeMaranville said the man’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.