1. SIP AND PAINT: The theme for this week’s Sip and Paint event is Stargazer Silhouette. Participants will be provided the art materials needed to do the paintings. Guests are welcome to bring their own beverages.
WHEN: 6-9 p.m. Friday
WHERE: Bisque-It, 504 Delaware St.
COST: $40 per person
2. TENNIS TOURNEY: Action gets under way in the 45th annual Labor Day Tennis Tournament Saturday morning. The tournament concludes Monday.
WHEN: Saturday through Monday
WHERE: David Brewer Park and Leavenworth High School
COST: $20 singles, $30 doubles
3. DOGGIE SPLASH: Dogs will have their day at the pool during the annual Doggie Splash at Wollman Aquatic Center. Doggie Splash marks the end of the pool season at Wollman.
WHEN: 3:30 p.m. Tuesday
WHERE: Wollman Aquatic Center, 1300 Shawnee St.
COST: $5 per dog
4. PICKING SUNDAYS: The tradition of bringing in the grape harvest continues Sunday at Holy-Field Winery. Pickers will collect the harvest and then be treated to a lunch. Picking Sundays will continue each Sunday through Oct. 1. Reservations are required.
WHEN: 8 a.m. Sunday
WHERE: Holy-Field Winery, 18807 158th St., Basehor
5. REN FEST: The 41st annual Kansas City Renaissance Festival begins another season Saturday in Bonner Springs. The festival is open every Saturday and Sunday through Oct. 15. It is also open on Labor Day and Columbus Day.
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday
WHERE: 633 N. 130th St., Bonner Springs
COST: $21.95 for adults, $12.95 for children