1. BBQ CONTEST: The two-day Leavenworth Hog Wild BBQ Contest begins Friday in downtown Leavenworth. The event will feature live entertainment, a barbecue contest, food vendors and games for children.
WHEN: 3-11 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Parking lots at Second and Cherokee streets
COST: No admission fee
2. CITY MARKET: A wide assortment of items will be for sale at the Leavenworth City Market. The event is held on the second Saturday of the month from May through October.
WHEN: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Haymarket Square, Cherokee and Seventh streets
COST: Prices vary
3. JOHNNY CASH TRIBUTE: Bill Forness will perform in the Johnny Cash Patriotic Tribute. Reservations are required for the dinner and show.
WHEN: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Heritage Center, 109 Delaware St.
COST: $25 for dinner and show, $15 for show only
4. PICKING SUNDAYS: Come out and help bring in the grape harvest, then enjoy lunch at the winery.
WHEN: 8 a.m. Sunday
WHERE: Holy-Field Winery, 18807 158th St., Basehor
5. FINGERSTYLE GUITAR: Jerry Barlow will perform Celtic fingerstyle guitar music and focus on the immigration of the Irish to America.
WHEN: 2-3 p.m. Sunday
WHERE: Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce St.