1. MONARCH OPEN HOUSE: The Leavenworth County Master Gardeners will discuss the monarch butterfly during an open house. There will be activities for children.
WHEN: Noon to 3 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Leavenworth County Master Gardeners, 500 Eisenhower Road
2. CENTURY RIDE: Participants in the 35th annual Buffalo Bill Century Ride will tour rural Leavenworth County. There will be four different routes of different distances that cyclists can choose. The event begins and ends at the Riverfront Community Center, 123 S. Esplanade St.
WHEN: 8 a.m. Saturday
WHERE: Leavenworth County
COST: $40 per person
3. CORN MAZE: Salt Creek Valley Farms is hosting a corn maze. Visitors can also go to the U-pick pumpkin patch. Hayrides, baked goods and other food will be available.
WHEN: 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
WHERE: Salt Creek Valley Farms, 17842 Santa Fe Trail
COST: $10 per person, free for children 3-under
4. SIGN PAINTING: Participants will be painting signs of gratitude. All supplies will be provided. Participants are encouraged to bring their own beverages and snacks.
WHEN: 2-4 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Out of the Barn, 421 Delaware St.
COST: $35 or $45, depending on the size of the sign
5. POETRY: Kevin Rabas, the 2017-19 Kansas Poet Laureate, will discuss how poetry can illuminate a person’s life.
WHEN: 3-4 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce St.