An electrical fire in a humidifier produced heavy smoke inside a Lansing residence, a fire department official said.

An electrical fire in a humidifier produced heavy smoke inside a Lansing residence, a fire department official said.

The fire was reported at 4 p.m. Wednesday at 14375 Robin Road. No injuries were reported.

Rick Huhn, chief of Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1, said the fire burned up a humidifier and the electrical wiring inside of the device.

He said the fire was in the basement of the home, and the house filled with smoke.

“It was thick,” Huhn said of the smoke.

Once firefighters located the source of the smoke, it was easy to extinguish the fire, Huhn said.