A woman was displaced by an early morning fire at her Leavenworth home, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 3:45 a.m. Tuesday at 512 Congress St.

The alarm from a smoke detector alerted the woman to the fire. She was able to make it safely out of the house, said Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department.

When firefighters arrived, smoke could be seen coming from the area of the home’s eaves.

DeMaranville said firefighters “knocked down” the flames fairly quickly. They then searched for “hot spots” and extensions of the fire.

DeMaranville said it took about 45 minutes to an hour before firefighters confirmed the fire was out.

Members of the Fort Leavenworth Fire Department came to the scene to provide mutual aid.

The fire caused extensive damage to the living room and dining room areas as well as the attic of the single-story house, DeMaranville said.

Firefighters estimate that the fire caused $65,000 worth of damage to the structure and an additional $20,000 in damage to contents.

The Red Cross provided assistance to the woman who was displaced by the fire.