No one was injured when an oven fire spread to kitchen cabinets over the weekend in Leavenworth, a Fire Department spokesman said.

No one was injured when an oven fire spread to kitchen cabinets over the weekend in Leavenworth, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 6:38 p.m. Sunday at 3701 Tonganoxie Drive.

Residents at the home were attempting to use a self-cleaning feature for their oven, resulting in the fire, according to Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department.

The fire resulted in estimated $1,000 worth of damage, according to DeMaranville.