Several Leavenworth residents were temporarily displaced over the weekend after a grass fire left them without power, a Fire Department official said.

Several Leavenworth residents were temporarily displaced over the weekend after a grass fire left them without power, a Fire Department official said.

The fire was reported at 12:09 p.m. Saturday. The fire started in the backyard of 542 Utah St. but spread to neighboring properties, according to Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department.

No injuries were reported.

DeMaranville said firefighters believe the grass fire was sparked by an outdoor fireplace. He said wind helped to spread the fire.

He said the fire damaged the siding of a building that houses three apartments on Iowa Street. The electrical supply to the building also was affected, causing the displacement of residents.