No injuries were reported as a result of a small kitchen fire at a Leavenworth apartment, a Fire Department spokesman said.

No injuries were reported as a result of a small kitchen fire at a Leavenworth apartment, a Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 3:54 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment at 2936 Martin Luther King Drive.

Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department, said the origin of the fire was a skillet with grease that was on the stove.

The fire resulted in an estimated $3,000 worth of damage. DeMaranville said residents at the apartment were displaced by the fire.