A wood burning stove is being blamed for a fire that damaged a shop building at a rural Leavenworth residence, a fire department spokesman said.

 Updated: 8:32 April 23, 2018

A wood burning stove is being blamed for a fire that damaged a shop building at a rural Leavenworth residence, a fire department spokesman said.

The fire was reported at 6:25 a.m. Wednesday at 18698 High Prairie Road. No injuries were reported.

Capt. Jeff Simpson of Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 said firefighters had the flames knocked down in about 20 minutes. Firefighters had to return to the scene later in the morning because the fire began to flare up again in a couple of areas.

Simpson said the fire burned in only one section of the shop building. But there was smoke damage throughout the structure.