A fire at a Basehor home is being blamed on a damaged extension cord, a fire department official said.

A fire at a Basehor home is being blamed on a damaged extension cord, a fire department official said.

The fire was reported at 7:48 a.m. Friday at 154th Terrace and Olive Street. No injuries were reported.

Members of the Fairmount Township Fire Department were first alerted when someone knocked on the door of the fire station in Basehor to report the fire. Someone else called 911 a short time later to report the fire.

Chuck Magaha, chief of the Fairmount Township Fire Department, said no one was in the residence at the time of the fire.

The fire started in a living room of the ranch style house.

Magaha said it appears a sofa had become situated on top of an extension cord. The cord had become worn, and a hole was burned into the floor. The sofa also caught fire, and flames spread to the ceiling of the room.

Magaha said the fire was contained to the living room.

The Stranger Township Fire Department and Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 were called to provide assistance.

"Our department had the fire under control before the other two departments arrived," Magaha said.