1. LIVE MUSIC: Billy Ebeling and the Late for Dinner Band will perform at the Summertime Music Series in Basehor. Several food vendors will be at the event. No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed. Wine can be purchase in the tasting room.
WHEN: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Friday
WHERE: Holy-Field Vineyard and Winery, 18807 158th St., Basehor
COST: $7 per person
2. FISHING DERBY: The annual Mel Hedrick Fishing Derby is for children 3-15 years old. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, soda and water will be provided. Fishing is catch and release. Bait will be provided, but attendees should bring their own fishing poles.
WHEN: 8-11 a.m. Saturday
WHERE: Happy Hollow Lake, 19749 Happy Hollow Road
3. DINNER AND SHOW: Jim Winters will perform country music in downtown Leavenworth.
WHEN: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Heritage Center, 109 Delaware St.
COST: $25 per person for dinner and show, $15 per person for show only
4. OUTDOOR MOVIE: The Universal Combat League will host the first edition of Movies in the Park. There will be games, food and activities for children before the showing of “Incredibles.”
WHEN: 7 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: VFW Park, 519 Cherokee St. (behind Ten Penny Restaurant and Bar)
5. FILM FESTIVAL: The Bow Wow Film Festival featuring short films about dogs will be hosted by the Leavenworth County Humane Society. Dogs are welcome. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome at the outside show. No coolers are allowed. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.
WHEN: 8-9:30 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Lansing Business Center, 1151 Industrial St., Lansing
COST: $15 per person