1. MECHANICAL BULL: Feel like testing your skills riding a mechanical bull? Fort Leavenworth will host a mechanical bull riding event on post. Food, popcorn, cotton candy and beverages will be provided. The event is free and open to single soldiers. The public is welcome and can ride the bull, but they will not be eligible to win prizes.
WHEN: 6-8 p.m. Friday
WHERE: Single Soldiers Quarters basketball court (behind Harney Gym), 185 4th St., Fort Leavenworth
2. FIREWORKS: The city of Lansing will host its annual Independence Day Fireworks Celebration. There will be lots of games and rides for children, food and beverage vendors and fireworks to close out the night.
WHEN: 6-10 p.m. Friday
WHERE: Kenneth W. Bernard Community Park, 15650 Gilman Road
COST: Fireworks show is free
3. PUTTS FOR PAWS: The Leavenworth Animal Welfare Society will host the fifth annual Putts for Paws golf tournament.
WHEN: 9 a.m. Saturday
WHERE: Trails West Golf Course, 306 Cody Road, Fort Leavenworth
COST: $65 per person
4. FUN SHOOT: A shooting range on Fort Leavenworth will host a fun shoot that is open to shooters of all levels.
WHEN: 9-11 a.m. Saturday
WHERE: Brunner Range, 701 Sheridan Drive, Fort Leavenworth
COST: $30 per person
5. CRAFTING AND PHOTO SHOOT: Gypsymeadowherbs is hosting a crafting event for children. They will make fairy and pirate costumes. A professional photographer will be on hand to shoot photos.
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Gypsymeadowherbs, 210 S. 7th St.
COST: $10 per person