1. FISHING DERBY: The city of Lansing Parks and Recreation will host the 17th annual Lansing Fishing Derby. The event is for children 15-under.
WHEN: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday
WHERE: Kenneth W. Bernard Community Park, 15650 Gilman Road
COST: $5 per person
2. QUILT SHOW: More than 30 quilts will be on display at Twin Oaks Independent Living.
WHEN: All day, through Sunday
WHERE: Twin Oaks Independent Living, 457 W. Eisenhower Road
3. BEER FEST & BBQ COMPETITION: More than 100 craft beers and numerous area barbecue food trucks will be featured. There will be live music and competitions.
WHEN: Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Kansas City Renaissance Festival grounds, 633 N. 130 St., Bonner Springs
COST: Prices vary
4. LIVE PERFORMANCE: The Heritage Center will present “Nunsense” in downtown Leavenworth.
WHEN: 6:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2:30 p.m. Sunday
WHERE: Heritage Center, 109 Delaware St.
COST: $20 per person Friday and Saturday, $15 per person Sunday
5. DINNER THEATER: “Who Wants to Murder a Millionaire” murder mystery will be presented this weekend.
WHEN: 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday
WHERE: Holy-Field Vineyard and Winery, 18807 158th St., Basehor
COST: $50 per person
BONUS PICK: Meriwether’s will feature a pre-Mother’s Day brunch and music event. There will be food and drink specials and harp music by Wujeong Duncan from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday.