1. OKTOBERFEST: Bring the family to Merritt Lake for Oktoberfest on Fort Leavenworth. There will be live polka music, food, beer, hayrides and bounce houses. There will be a memorial lantern launch at the lake at dusk to honor fallen soldiers and their families.
WHEN: 5-9 p.m. Friday
WHERE: Merritt Lake, along Grant Avenue on Fort Leavenworth
COST: No admission charge, but food and beverages will be available to purchase.
INFO: Visit Fort Leavenworth FMWR on Facebook
2. VOLUNTEER FAIR: St. Luke’s Cushing Hospital is hosting an event to inform the public about the numerous volunteer opportunities available in Leavenworth County. Lots of organizations and agencies will be represented.
WHEN: 9 a.m. to noon Saturday
WHERE: Riverfront Community Center, 123 S. Esplanade St.
3. CORN MAZE: Salt Creek Valley Farms is hosting its corn maze and pumpkin patch opening weekend.
WHEN: Noon Saturday
WHERE: Salt Creek Valley Farms, 17842 Santa Fe Trail
4. PUMPKIN SEASON: Lamborn Farms will host the opening day of its pumpkin season. There will be horse rides, vendors and concessions.
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday
WHERE: Lamborn Farms, 25761 151st. St.
5. FALL FESTIVAL: Sacred Heart and St. Casimir Parish is hosting its annual fall festival. There will be food, games, raffles and auctions.
WHEN: 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday
WHERE: Sacred Heart Parish Hall, 1405 Second Ave.
COST: Prices vary