A fryer that was left on was blamed for a fire at a Lansing fast food restaurant, a fire department spokesman said.

A fryer that was left on was blamed for a fire at a Lansing fast food restaurant, a fire department spokesman said.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was reported at 12:47 a.m. Thursday at Burger King, 391 N. Main St.

Lt. Dave Asmus of Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 said the restaurant was closed at the time and no one was inside of the building.

The fire was reported after a Lansing police officer saw white smoke coming from the roof of the restaurant. Flames inside the building also were visible.

“We got the fire out fairly quickly,” Asmus said.

But he said firefighters spent several hours at the scene for what he called overhaul work.

He said members of the Leavenworth Fire Department were called to provide assistance at the scene of the fire.

Members of the Fairmount Township Fire Department stood by at a Fire District No. 1 station to handle additional calls that may have come in.

Asmus said the fire damaged the fryer and hood system. The fire also melted some appliances in the kitchen area. There was smoke damage throughout the building.

“They should be able to fix it up pretty easy,” he said.

Asmus said the fire remains under investigation. He said it has not yet been determined whether the fryer was left on by accident or intentionally.

Twitter: @LVTNewsJohnR