Firefighters responded to a Leavenworth home after the house was struck by lightning, a Leavenworth Fire Department spokesman said.

Firefighters responded to a Leavenworth home after the house was struck by lightning, a Leavenworth Fire Department spokesman said.

No injuries were reported.

The incident was reported at 7:33 p.m. Monday at 1421 Olive St.

Firefighters responded to a report of smoke in the house. When they arrived, they found a smoldering fire underneath siding, according to Mark DeMaranville, division chief of prevention for the Leavenworth Fire Department.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, which they believe was caused by lightning.

The fire resulted in an estimated $5,000 in damage. No one was displaced by the fire.

DeMaranville said one circuit was tripped in the home. The residents planned to have an electrician look at it.