No injuries were reported following a fire at a Leavenworth residence, a Fire Department official said.

No injuries were reported following a fire at a Leavenworth residence, a Fire Department official said.

The fire was reported at 7:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of Kiowa Street.

“Nobody was home at the time,” Leavenworth Fire Marshal Andy Brooks said.

The fire was reported by a neighbor.

Brooks said the fire started on a back porch of a residence and spread to other portions of the house, causing significant damage to two rooms.

The fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damage.

Heat from the fire also caused damage to neighboring structures, resulting in melted siding and shingles.

Brooks said it took firefighters about 20 minutes to get the fire under control. Members of the Fort Leavenworth Fire Department responded to the scene to provide assistance. Members of Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 were asked to stand by.

Brooks said the fire is believed to have been accidental. He said the fire is believed to have started after gasoline was spilled during an attempt to refill a generator.